The Richmond Group was founded in 1999 around a kitchen table by self-made serial entrepreneur, James, with £100 and a simple goal: to stop working in dead-end jobs and do something meaningful. Today our assets are over £1bn, we’ve served over half a million customers and won awards for our growth, product and have been listed as a Sunday Times best company to work for since 2008.
We are looking for a smart and driven individual to take ownership of the finance function of one of our startups and support our busy, fast-paced group finance team. You don’t need to have years of experience but you will be expected to take your knowledge, learn as you work and make a real impact, and be willing to turn your hand to new challenges whilst managing the day to day finance and accounting matters.
What we think you'll need:
- To be a qualified accountant with a can do attitude.
- Experience preparing monthly accounts and managing complex projects.
- An ability to self-learn, excel at whatever you you do, and are constantly looking at ways to improve with an openness to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with regular objectives.
- Good knowledge of accountancy applications, eg Xero or similar would be advantageous.
What we'll ask you do to:
- Be responsible for all financial and accounting matters for one of our startups.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and use insights gained to drive business performance
- Be responsible for all reconciliations between our bank accounts and internal reporting software
- Process payroll and manage accounts payable
- Liaise with tax advisors and our advisors preparing statutory accounts
- File VAT and other tax returns
- Suggest process improvements so that we can close the books faster, and spend more of the month on tasks which add extra value
- Ad hoc requests to support the Group finance team
What we offer in return:
- An environment where there is no ceiling for personal and professional growth.
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Free breakfasts and £1 lunches from our amazing cafe.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- £100/month Fitness Allowance and free gym membership.
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles.
- Iphone XR
- Use of our luxury properties in Dordogne, Cornwall, Chicago, Mudeford and Shoreditch when not in use by project teams.
- Contributory Pension.
- Health insurance.
- Chance to work closely with successful entrepreneurs.
- Exposure unlike any other career.
Send your CV/application to email@example.com