Who you Are:
Qualified or part-qualified accountant with a hands on attitude. Reporting directly to the new Finance Director, you will enjoy understanding the commercial aspects of our businesses, and challenging the status quo.
Who We Are:
The Richmond Group are an investor and venture builder who are particularly interested in markets where technology has so far failed to solve real-life problems. Currently, we focus our time solving problems in 3 sectors; non-standard credit, rented housing, and Education. Our people strategy is our investment strategy and a combination of very talented people solving very hard problem has resulted in our assets growing from £100 to over £1Bn in just 1 decade.
What we think you'll need:
- To be a qualified or part-qualified accountant
- A track record of delivering tangible improvements as a result of being ‘in the detail’
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll be used to venturing outside of your office into the heart of the operation, connecting the dots between people, processes, systems and products
- Effective time management, and an ability to prioritise the important stuff
- A good level of IT proficiency, including Excel
- Some experience in a multi-currency environment may be beneficial
What we'll ask you do to:
- Prepare group management accounts, liaising with operating companies to ensure information and KPIs are prepared consistently
- Be prepared to challenge information provided, and provide insights to improve performance
- Take ownership of day-to-day accounting in the top company
- Suggest process improvements so that we can close the books faster, and spend more of the month on tasks which add extra value
- Group recharges and intercompany reconciliations
- Payroll and accounts payable (within the top company)
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts (top company)
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the implementation of a new consolidation system
- Liaise with year end auditors and tax advisors
- Assist the Finance Director with ad-hoc projects such as investment appraisals, cost saving projects, and modelling future scenarios.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive package.
- £3,000 annual training budget that you can spend on anything that will make you better at what you do.
- Unlimited holiday. We are paying for your results, not your hours.
- Use of RG's beautiful properties. Free for RG employees to use when not in use by project teams.