Package: £23,000 + £3k training/development budget + benefits
The Richmond Group was founded in 1999 around a kitchen table by serial entrepreneur, James, with £100 and a simple goal: to stop working in dead-end jobs and do something meaningful. Today our assets are over £1bn, we’ve served over half a million customers, won awards for our growth and product, and have been listed as a Sunday Times best company to work for since 2008.
We build, fund and oversee start-ups that disrupt markets where technology has so far failed to reduce the costs and improve the lives of ordinary people.
Working with us is a huge challenge but also a huge opportunity. We give ownership, resources and responsibility to junior people and ask them to do the hardest work of their life. In return, you get to work on something meaningful where you can add real value, every day.
In this role you will have the ability to improve processes, products and the customer experience for international businesses within our investment porfolio. You'll be pro-actively looking for opportunities, inefficiencies and waste and be dedicated to ensuring we are maximising our opportunities at all times. In doing so, you will have huge exposure working directly with our founder, James, and other Directors across our business.
We think you'll need:
- Honesty and humility - If you make a mistake, don’t cover it up. Admit it, learn from it and don't do it again. Be better for it
- Ambition - a hunger to learn, self-reflect and do whatever it takes to become an invaluable member of the team
- Persistence - Stick at a problem, task or project, despite any hurdles that are thrown at you along the way
- Curiosity - Be comfortable venturing outside of your desk into the heart of the operation, connecting the dots between people, processes, systems and products
- Flexibility - Be happy to switch gears and adapt quickly to changing tasks, projects and business needs
- Energy, intelligence, numeracy skills, creativity and good written and oral communication
- A track record of delivering tangible improvements to your work, as a result of acting with ownership
We'll ask you to:
- Measure the performance of the Richmond Group’s investments, overseeing audits, targets and KPI's for all companies in our portfolio
- Drive efficiency across the group and its investments through the monitoring and delivery of key information
- Investigate and research systems, communications, customer and employee behaviour to protect our assets and find opportunities for growth
- Undertake data-driven research to identify inefficiencies and waste, before working with key stakeholders to drive them through to improvement
- Act with ownership, never limit yourself to your own perception of the responsibilities within your role
We'll offer in return:
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- £100/month Fitness Allowance and free gym membership
- Free breakfasts and £1 lunches from our amazing cafe.
- iPhone 7
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles
- Use of our luxury properties in Dordogne, Cornwall, Chicago and Shoreditch when not in use by project teams
- Free VIP tickets to Bestival, Camp Bestival and Common People
- Contributory Pension
- Health insurance
- Chance to meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Exposure unlike any other career
Send your CV/application to firstname.lastname@example.org