Package: £30,000 - £50,000 + £3k training/development budget + benefits
The Richmond Group was founded in 1999 around a kitchen table by serial entrepreneur, James, with £100 and a simple goal: to stop working in dead-end jobs and do something meaningful. Today our assets are over £1bn, we’ve served over half a million customers, won awards for our growth and product, and have been listed as a Sunday Times best company to work for since 2008.
We build, fund and oversee start-ups that disrupt markets where technology has so far failed to reduce the costs and improve the lives of ordinary people.
Working with us is a huge challenge but also a huge opportunity. We give ownership, resources and responsibility to people and ask them to do the hardest work of their life. In return, you get to work on something meaningful where you can add real value, every day.
In this role you will pro-actively use data to answer real-world questions and provide intelligence and insight to the group on the performance of our investments. You will have the ability to complete data-driven research to improve processes, products and the customer experience for international businesses within our investment portfolio. In doing so, you will have huge exposure working directly with our founder, James, and other Directors across our business.
We think you'll need:
- 1+ years experience in a data driven environment using Microsoft SQL server (or similar software) and reporting tools such as Power BI and an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A track record of generating proven competitive advantage through the delivery of data-driven analysis and insight
- Ambition - A hunger to learn, self-reflect and do whatever it takes to become an invaluable member of the team
- Curiosity - Be comfortable venturing outside of your desk into the heart of the operation, connecting the dots between people, processes, systems and products
- Flexibility - Be happy to switch gears and adapt quickly to changing tasks, projects and business needs
- Honesty and humility - If you make a mistake, don’t cover it up. Admit it, learn from it and don't do it again. Be better for it
We'll need you to:
- Measure the performance of the Richmond Group’s investments by producing, overseeing and investigating trends, for key business metrics
- Drive efficiency across the group and its investments through the monitoring and delivery of key information
- Undertake data driven research to investigate systems, communications, customer and employee behaviour to protect our assets and find opportunities for growth
- Interrogate and analyse key information to identify inefficiencies and waste, before working with key stakeholders to drive them through to improvement
- Validate the integrity and quality of data through rigorous reconciliation and testing
- Resolve complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication
- Act with ownership, never limit yourself to your own perception of the responsibilities within your role
We'll offer in return:
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- £100/month Fitness Allowance and free gym membership
- Free breakfasts and £1 lunches from our amazing cafe.
- iPhone 7
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles
- Use of our luxury properties in Dordogne, Cornwall, Chicago and Shoreditch when not in use by project teams
- Free VIP tickets to Bestival, Camp Bestival and Common People
- Contributory Pension
- Health insurance
- Chance to meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Exposure unlike any other career
Send your CV/application to firstname.lastname@example.org