Who You Are:
A driven qualified or part qualified accountant with a hands on attitude. You will enjoy understanding the commercial aspects of our businesses, and challenging the status quo. You will be technically strong and have experience either within a commercial business where you have made an impact or you may have been working in practice but are looking for your first move into a business environment where you can make a big impact.
Who We Are:
The Richmond Group are an investor and venture builder who are particularly interested in markets where technology has so far failed to solve real-life problems. Currently, we focus our time solving problems in three sectors; non-standard credit, rented housing, and Education. Our people strategy is our investment strategy and a combination of very talented people solving very hard problems has resulted in our assets growing from £100 to over £500 million in just 1 decade.
What we think you'll need:
- To be a qualified accountant or part qualified accountant
- A track record of delivering tangible improvements as a result of being ‘in the detail’
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll be used to venturing outside of your office into the heart of the operation, connecting the dots between people, processes, systems and products
- Effective time management, and an ability to prioritise the important stuff
- A good level of IT proficiency, including Excel
- Some experience in a multi-currency environment and accounts consolidation may be beneficial
What we'll ask you to do:
- Prepare group management accounts, liaising with operating companies across a variety of countries to ensure information and KPIs are prepared consistently.
- Prepare statutory accounts for multiple entities and complete corporate tax returns and quarterly VAT returns.
- Be prepared to challenge information provided, and provide insights to improve performance.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day accounting.
- Lead technical projects across the group, such as the implementation of new accounting standards, or transfer pricing documentation.
- Perform periodic internal audit projects to get a deep understanding of our operating companies, their internal controls, and potential issues.
- Suggest process improvements so that we can close the books faster, and spend more of the month on tasks which add extra value.
- Own ad-hoc projects such as investment appraisals, cost saving projects, and modelling future scenarios.
- Liaise with year end auditors and tax advisors.
What we offer in return:
- £35,000 - £50,000 (dependant on experience).
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- £100/month Fitness Allowance and free gym membership
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles
- Use of our luxury properties in Dordogne, Cornwall, Chicago and Shoreditch
- Contributory Pension
- Chance to meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Exposure unlike any other career
Job type: Full-time
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.