Who You Are:
Newly qualified or more experienced financial accountant with a hands on attitude. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will enjoy both working with and challenging our international operating companies. Technically strong, you will need to be inquisitive and proactive in identifying improvements.
Who We Are:
The Richmond Group are an investor and venture builder who are particularly interested in markets where technology has so far failed to solve real-life problems. Currently, we focus our time solving problems in 3 sectors; non-standard credit, rented housing, and Education. Our people strategy is our investment strategy and a combination of very talented people solving very hard problem has resulted in our assets growing from £100 to over £1Bn in just 1 decade.
What we think you'll need:
- To be ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- A track record of delivering tangible improvements as a result of being ‘in the detail’
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll be used to venturing outside of your office into the heart of the operation, connecting the dots between people, processes, systems and products
- Effective time management, and an ability to prioritise the important stuff
- A good level of IT proficiency, including Excel
- IFRS and financial controls experience may be beneficial
- Some experience in a multi-currency environment may be beneficial
We'll need you too:
- Own and develop the Group reporting requirements, and monthly financial reports, ensuring these remain fit for purpose as our company scales.
- Own the data flowing into Planful, our group financial reporting and consolidation system. (Training is available). Be the go-to person for any system queries from our international finance staff.
- Be prepared to challenge information provided, and provide insights to improve performance
- Prepare group consolidated statutory accounts under IFRS
- Prepare other statutory accounts for UK subsidiaries
- Lead technical projects across the group, such as the implementation of new accounting standards, or transfer pricing documentation.
- Perform periodic internal audit projects to get a deep understanding of our operating companies, their internal controls, and potential issues.
- Liaise with year end auditors and tax advisors.
- Assist the Finance Director with ad-hoc projects such as investment appraisals, cost saving projects, and modelling future scenarios.
What we offer in return:
- £40,000 - £55,000 (dependant on experience).
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Free breakfasts and £1 lunches from our amazing cafe.
- Mobile phone.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- £100/month Fitness Allowance and free gym membership
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles
- Use of our luxury properties in Dordogne, Cornwall, Chicago and Shoreditch when not in use by project teams
- Contributory Pension
- Health insurance
- Chance to meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Exposure unlike any other career
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for the truly exceptional, sending through a generic CV won't quite cut it for this role. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter telling us what makes you different, and what your biggest tangible impact on a business/organisation has been in no more than 300 words!