Richmond Group is an award-winning investor and venture builder. We started in 1999 around a kitchen table with a simple goal: to stop working in dead-end jobs that we hated and do something meaningful. We have built several multi-million-pound companies including a £1bn fin-tech lender in the UK. Having served over half a million customers and won many awards for being an amazing place to work, we are replicating our success into new geographies.
We are looking for a talented C# .Net developer to join our core team. In this role we will expect you to get stuck in and have the desire to work as a key member of a dynamic and agile team. You should thrive off being in a challenging environment with deadlines. To be successful, you will be technically skilled, efficient and passionate about building, launching and scaling successful products.
You will be the go-to technical person, be responsible for pushing technology standards across the group, skilling up more junior team members and act as a gatekeeper for new technology hires ensuring only the best make it onto our teams. You will be responsible for some of our key systems and will not only be improving the existing technology stack but you will also be completing greenfield development.
What we think you’ll need:
- To be well versed in C#, SQL and .NET (.Net Core is the main framework in our applications)
- Experience using restful Web APIs and building applications with an API-first mindset.
- Experience in G-Suite and cloud technologies (Azure is preferred, but any cloud hosting experience is good).
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical people.
- The ability to find and create solutions for complex problems.
- The drive to constantly learn and improve.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- A desire to keep up to date with new technologies.
Who you need to be:
- You have a curious nature - you want to understand the 'why' behind everything we do and consider if there is a better approach. You seek first to understand rather than simply rebuilding stuff.
- You get stuff done - this is, unfortunately, rarer than you might think. We build teams of self-starters.
- You have a flexible mindset - when you're building start-ups, roles and projects can be at times ambiguous and chaotic and we can change direction fast. We need people who embrace this change.
- You love problem-solving - we face and overcome obstacles everyday. It's fun and par for the course when you are building and scaling early-stage companies.
What we offer in return:
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Free breakfasts and £1 lunches from our amazing cafe.
- Up to £100 monthly fitness allowance.
- iPhone 7.
- Contributory Pension.
- Health insurance.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles.
- Use of RG's beautiful properties. Free for RG employees to use when not in use by project teams.
- Free VIP tickets to Bestival, Camp Bestival and Common People festivals.
Please note: if you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive (negotiable depending on experience).
Send your CV/application to [email protected]