Start-Up Project Manager
We build and fund start-ups in three key sectors where technology has so far failed to reduce the costs and improve the lives of ordinary people; Education, Finance, and Property.
As part of the RG Labs team, you will be Project Managing our ‘big idea’ in the Education sector, ‘Memini’, one that could change the World. ‘Memini’ is an app that radically increases the speed of memorisation and learning and aims to make it possible to learn a language from scratch in a month whilst building a platform that can be used to teach thousands of skills. In doing this, you will be working alongside developers and designers to manufacture and perfect the best possible experience for Memini users.
There will be no hand holding, no ‘corporate training’, and it won’t be an easy ride. It will be an intense environment where you will be given autonomy, resources, and responsibility whilst asking you to solve very hard problems. This is not your standard job, it’s a chance to get experience like no other and accelerate your career, whilst creating a product that could radically change the way new languages are learnt.
What we’ll ask you to do:
- Care about this project more than anyone else. Live and breathe it, make it your own.
- Get in the detail and be able to understand and write complicated logic to perfect the user experience.
- Understand Memini users by becoming one yourself.
- Think like an entrepreneur, take ownership, and get stuff done.
- Be a self starter and problem solver, find solutions not just problems.
We think you’ll need:
- Evidence of problem solving and delivery by being emerged in the detail, this doesn’t necessarily have to be work related.
- Competitive nature, whatever you do you want to excel at and are constantly looking at ways to improve.
- Ambition, if you don’t see work as a fundamental part of your life this probably isn’t the job for you.
- Grit, we have high expectations and you need the ability to stick at a problem, we never said this would be easy.
- Energy, intelligence, numeracy skills, curiosity, creativity and good written and oral communication
This would be a bonus:
- Experience of working with developers and/or designers
- Experience of developing or working on an app
- Strong interest in tech and startups
- Design and/or development skills
- A passion for learning and gaming and/or an interest in languages
What we offer in return:
- £3k training budget: this money is set aside for your development, spend it on something that will help you be better.
- Free breakfasts and £1 lunches from our amazing cafe.
- Unlimited holiday: we pay for your results, not your hours.
- £100/month Fitness Allowance and free gym membership
- iPhone 7
- Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles
- Use of our luxury properties in Dordogne, Cornwall, Chicago and Shoreditch when not in use by project teams
- Contributory Pension
- Health insurance
- Chance to meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Exposure unlike any other career
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00 - £30,000 /year
Job Location: Bournemouth
Send your CV/application to email@example.com